The hills and Valleys make life interesting. There is never a dull moment. It can be exciting, distressing or worrisome just by the way you react.
You may know, I am working towards the goal of full timing it on the road in a travel trailer. This blog is dedicated to the journey………
While driving my current car stopped in the middle of a busy intersection about 45 minutes from home. I was traveling with a friend that day, and we were able to push it into a parking lot close by so I could assess the situation.
It just would not start, so I needed to get it to a repair shop to have them diagnose the problem. Because it was a busy area, there were many auto mechanics within walking distance.
After a short walk, the second garage I stopped at was helpful and got a tow truck to tow it the mile to their garage.
Even though it was an unfortunate situation, so many things worked out that day, including having another friend that was visiting out of town who was able to pick me up and take me to work on time.
The car is in the shop as I write this and it will take quite a bit to fix it but after all is said and done the resale value will increase.
As they say, I had His favor that day and His blessing shines on me every day.
Remember you have the option of looking at your challenges in a positive or a negative light.
When I am fearful, or I am unsure of the outcome it is so easy to say no. To not step out of my comfort zone, not to take a risk. There are countless times I have chosen to take the safe route.
No more! From now on, I will say yes even if I doubt my abilities or the voice in my head is saying you are not good enough. As the saying goes, the Lord does not call the equipped. He equips the called.
A few days ago a customer that approached me several years ago about helping her with her project, but because I was unsure of my abilities and I convinced myself that I had nothing to contribute, so I avoided committing to a meeting. Reached out to me and wanted us to meet, I said yes, and we had a constructive meeting, and now we are working together on completing her project.
There are many accounts, where people who were not qualified in a particular area that has made significant strides in the same area.
If you have a gut feeling that you should be perusing particular profession whether it is preaching, acting, photography or any other occupation, you Will make a difference, step out in faith and go for it. Your true Happiness depends on it!
It is easier said than done…..because I struggle in this area every day. There are times I feel unworthy or ill-equipped. This is where affirmations are important. The more I say YES to being uncomfortable. The more I step out in faith, the stronger I will become.
There is nothing that we cannot do without His help. Make a difference! Live your destiny!
Whats next???? Now that I have stepped out in faith and told the universe my intention, and asking the Lord for guidance.
After hitting the post button, on my previous post, I could feel my anxiety level increase dramatically for a few hours. After quieting my mind with meditation, I was reminded of all the times the Lord has worked things out, in other words, the Universe came up to meet my intentions.
Fear, coupled with procrastination has made me able to stay in my safe but unfulfilled life. I sit here in Starbucks writing this with the realization that time goes so quickly and the clock is ticking every day.
- Make Affirmations! I am good enough!, I am smart enough! I am attractive enough! And so on…… is a way to retraining my brain especially when I start thinking negatively.
- Write Down Goals! I struggle with writing things down, not sure why, but maybe the reason why is because by not writing down my goals, I would not have written a document to keep me accountable. For me, now writing this Blog is a way me accountable and to inspire me to keep going, to keep moving forward no matter how small. As my dear friend more like sister says, little progress is still progress.
- Keep Motivated! I have found that I get motivation from walking or riding my bicycle in Nature and if I can capture a beautiful image its a bonus. Also, Reading about hiking and exploring. I am in the process of making and hanging a dream board or a better word…. a goal board so that it will be a daily reminder to work towards my goals.
- Make a step towards my goal daily no matter how small.
- Look out for opportunities that will present themselves and not make fear or procrastination hold me back.
- Get my mind and body mentally and physically prepared for the journey by reading and exercise.
- Refuse to listen to limiting beliefs.
- Don’t wait for the time is right to move forward. Jump!