For the past few days, I have decided to disconnect. Disconnect from the news and all negative social media. This gave me an opportunity to adjust my attitude and my outlook. As I ask the Lord to help me process the events of the last few days where the country (my country) has elected Donald Trump to the Presidency of the United States. After much meditation and praying, I have come to this conclusion.
Where do we go from here? Is on many people’s mind. Some people are relieved, and others are disappointed. But regardless if you are exuberant or saddened, as a country we have to go on, and we have to move forward.
For all my Christian friends on either side of the issue…… this outcome is not a mistake. The Lord has allowed Mr. Trump to get to the White House. We all agree that when he started out, many of us did not take him seriously. He was the underdog but yet he triumphed! It is my opinion he had God on his side.
For everyone else regardless of what you believe, I am sure you will agree that this is not a mistake.
The question I asked myself and would like to ask you……. Am I willing to accept the results and move forward and work together for the good of the country? If your answer is YES! then we have work to do.
- Accept that our President is now going to be Donald Trump.
- Stay Positive. Refrain from entering into negative talk about this election and our President-elect.
- Disconnect from any or all media that sensationalize this process. (personally, have avoided listening or watching the news or coverage of the election)
- Go out and volunteer. You can make a difference in your small circle.
- Pray that the Lord will use Mr. Trump to really make America Great Again for all and not a few.
Life is short, and we are only here for a short time, Let’s unite and make a difference. Make a difference for our children and for our grandchildren. Put away Greed, Anger, and Resentment. As the Lord said……… Love Your Neighbor As Yourself.